Marius Bakke writes: > Maxim Cournoyer writes: [...] >>> I'm not very comfortable with pulling python-sphinx into the dependency >>> closure of CMake, because then we can't update it or its dependencies >>> outside of the 'core-updates' cycle. It could also cause circular >>> dependency issues down the road. >>> >>> Would it make sense to build the documentation as a separate package? >>> In that case it can go on the master branch. >> >> I don't like the idea of having a separate package for the documentation >> of cmake because it goes against the expectations of Guix users (package >> comes with its manpage, and extra doc can be installed as extra output >> of the same package). >> >> Maybe we could have a "cmake-minimal" package we'd keep hidden and use >> by default as part of the cmake-build-system, which wouldn't include the >> doc, and the regular, user facing cmake would be the one in this patch? > > This sounds reasonable to me. Can you send a patch? :-) Here it comes, attached! Thanks to Ricardo on #guix for helping me resolve a quoting issue :-). To validate it works, I had to disable some failing test suites, using: