Konrad Hinsen writes: > In hdf5-cffi.asd, some components are labelled :cffi-grovel-file, > which looks like an ASDF extension provided by cffi-grovel. If that is > true, then the :defsystem-depends-on is necessary. A quick test supports > that hypothesis: if you remove the line, the system fails to load. Indeed. What I meant is that if the Common Lisp package (the code inside the src folder) depends on cffi-grovel, then I believe it should be added to :depends-on as well. We can ask ASDF and hdf5-cffi. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/