On 2021-12-14 14:03, Josselin Poiret wrote: Hello, > Since Guile isn't typed, the usual approach is to use `#f` for default > values, and then use `(if (bluetooth-configuration-inquiry-scan-window > config) ...)` for example. Any value other than #f will be considered > as truthful for conditionals (see "(guile)Booleans"). I tried that, and I could have sworn I got an error regarding the type. I was under the impression that the default values' type set the type for the whole field. But I was wrong of course because I tested your suggestion and it worked. > Small nitpick, I'd rather have `""`, the else part of this if syntax, on > its own line, aligned with `(string-append`. Please do nitpick. I appreciate it. I think the `[General]` part looks pretty messy indentation-wise, but I don't really know what layout to settle on. > Could you also document the `bluetooth-service-type` Scheme value in > doc/guix.texi, as well as `bluetooth-configuration`, if that's not too > much to ask? I only see one for `bluetooth-service` right now. I'm not > sure if all configuration values should be documented there though, > since there are a lot. Sure. How can I test the changes to the documentation? Like generating a pdf or something along those lines. > By the way, shouldn't `bluetooth-service` be deprecated, given how > simple it is to use the `-type` version? I'm not the one to answer that :) > What do others think? > > Best, > Josselin Poiret -- Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Demis Balbach