zimoun writes: > Hi, > > On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 at 11:20, Christopher Baines wrote: > >> Add more examples of when it can be appropriate to push changes without >> review, as I think this can be appropriate in the case of trivial changes (as >> mentioned before), but also non-trivial fixes. > > This would be part of the commit message, right? Yeah, this is the commit message. > I would avoid the personal “I think” since it is a collective thought > with some consensus (I guess). For instance, > > Add more examples of when it can be appropriate to push changes without > review, as in the case of trivial changes (as mentioned before), but > also non-trivial fixes. It reads better to me with the "I think", and since it's my name on the commit, I've left it as is. >> No longer suggest pushing simple new packages or package upgrades (that don't >> cause lots of rebuilds) without sending to guix-patches. Now there's some >> automation for testing changes sent to guix-patches, sending changes there >> before pushing can mean that more rigerious testing takes place and help speed > --^ > typo > s/rigerious/rigorous Thanks, I've fixed this. >> +Changes should be posted to @email{guix-patches@@gnu.org}. This mailing >> +list fills the patch-tracking database (@pxref{Tracking Bugs and >> +Patches}). It also allows patches to be picked up and tested by the >> +quality assurance tooling; the result of that testing eventually shows >> +up on the dashboard at >> +@indicateurl{https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/@var{number}}, where >> +@var{number} is the number assigned by the issue tracker. Leave time > > To be consistent with (guix) Sending a Patch Series [1], I suggest to > use @var{ISSUE_NUMBER} instead of simply @var{number}. > > 1: Sure, I've made this change.