all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [bug#66964] Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch
@ 2023-11-06  4:45 John Kehayias via Guix-patches via
From: John Kehayias via Guix-patches via @ 2023-11-06  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 66964

Hello,

This is to start the process for merging the "mesa-updates" branch. A set of commits was just pushed there and the CI already has a build job for this branch. It is only 12 commits currently, but will be a lot of builds due mostly to the ungrafting of libx11 (and certain package updates beyond mesa itself, like pixman, libdrm, etc.). So, mostly waiting for things to build and hoping no major breakages. The ungrafts and version updates shouldn't be huge changes but you never know.

Please feel free to report any issues here and I'll update as well as things go.

Thanks!
John

* [bug#66964] Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch
@ 2023-11-09 13:43 ` dan
From: dan @ 2023-11-09 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 66964

Hi John,

I noticed one of my commit #65153 is on the mesa-update branch, it
would be helpful if you could take a look at #65155, an update
trying to export XDG_DATA_DIRS for mesa.  Since no one replied
there, I'm not sure if this change is appropriate and if it fits
in this update.

--
dan

* [bug#66964] Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch
@ 2023-11-14 20:05 ` John Kehayias via Guix-patches via
From: John Kehayias via Guix-patches via @ 2023-11-14 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dan; +Cc: 66964

Hi dan,

On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 09:43 PM, dan wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I noticed one of my commit #65153 is on the mesa-update branch, it
> would be helpful if you could take a look at #65155, an update trying
> to export XDG_DATA_DIRS for mesa.  Since no one replied there, I'm not
> sure if this change is appropriate and if it fits in this update.

Apologies I did not see this message as I think you only sent it to the
bug number (which does not get sent to anyone else as far as I know). I
had meant to respond to #65155 but I think I forgot. I did have a note
on the thread on guix-devel about this briefly:

> I don't think this is a correct change as written (search-path should
> be in vulkan-loader if I'm understanding what is supposed to happen
> here). Anyway, will follow up on that issue and left it out for now.

I'll follow up on that bug number directly to discuss.

Sorry for the miscommunication!

John

* [bug#66964] Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch
@ 2023-11-15  6:28       ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2023-11-15  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kehayias; +Cc: guix-devel, 66964@debbugs.gnu.org, Kaelyn