Hello Florian and Hilton, Thank you for your words and reviews! It is nice to know that a few people are interested :). > I’m still looking at the details of sway, so I could myself push your > patch with confidence to guix.git, but would also be happy if others > pushed it Nice, NB: it is also fine Upon reading the code again, one point is still unclear: the list of packages that I include in user profiles seems a bit random :/. - sway, swaylock and swaybg: useful to launch some commands manually (including swaymsg). - waybar, dmenu and bemenu: do not seem necessary. I will probably remove them. - dbus, xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-wlr: may be interesting to have. On my laptop, screen sharing¹ only works when xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-wlr are in the same profile² (associated executable files end up in ~/.guix-home/profile/libexec/). ¹: I do not have a fully functional setup for screen sharing yet (it does not work in all web browsers). I (or someone else) should probably add elements in the default `execs' / `always-execs' fields if/when they have a working setup later. NB: this should not be a road blocker for the current patch IMHO. ²: I do not know if that is a hard requirement or if my issues are related to something else. - slurp and grim: screenshots (+ screen selection when screen sharing). I will probably define a new variable `%sway-default-packages' containing the above packages (minus waybar, ...). WDYT? Hilton Chain writes: > Can `sway-configuration-bar' be optional? In my case it's not used. Yes indeed. In the v6, I will try to make a few fields optional, and also avoid empty groups in produced configuration file. > Arnaud Daby-Seesaram writes: >>>> The function @code{sway-configuration->file} defined below can be used >>>> to provide the value for the @code{sway-configuration} field of >>>> @code{greetd-wlgreet-sway-session}. [...] > That one can use your `sway-configuration' enables one to configure the > inputs field declaratively to use another keyboard layout in the > greeter. It is a good feature. But perhaps add the word “optionally” > to make clear users do not have to provide a sway-configuration to the > greeter. Indeed; I will try to phrase this properly. >> @lisp >> (service home-sway-service-type >> (sway-configuration >> (gestures >> '((swipe:3:down . "move to scratchpad") >> (swipe:3:up . "scratchpad show"))) >> (outputs >> (list (sway-output >> (identifier '*) >> (bg (file-append guix-backgrounds >> "\ >> /share/backgrounds/guix/guix-checkered-16-9.svg"))))))) >> @end lisp > > Now that I tested this code, I notice that SVG backgrounds work only > if and only if librsvg is found. Still, I think it is better this way > with file-append. Perhaps add a note to doc/guix.texi here that this > librsvg must be installed or propagated in the packages field. I will add a note in the next version of the doc, to hint towards the two solutions to use a svg file: adding librsvg to the profile, or computing the png and put it in the store using a "computed-file" in the configuration (as in the second version of the patch). >> @table @asis >> @item @code{mode-name} (default @code{"default"}) >> Name of the mode. >> @item @code{keybindings} (default @code{'()}) > > These fields are missing a colon “default: ”. In other places you > correctly write “default: ”. Got it, thx! Best regards, -- Arnaud