Ricardo Wurmus writes: >>> Guix can handle downloading patches, so there’s really no need for >>> switching in my opinion. “gnu/packages/bash.scm” could be used as a >>> reference for how to deal with a large number of patches. >> >> vim-7.4 ended at 2367 patches[0]. 8.0 is currently at 51 (four since >> yesterday!), whereas bash has 42, so they are not really comparable. I >> think vim would rarely be updated, if it required downloading and >> creating potentially hundreds of patch references at once. >> >> They are also not signed, though we could rely on the MD5SUMS file. >> >> With this information, do you still think a custom patch importer is >> better? I don't really mind either way, but someone needs to make it :) > > No, you convinced me :) Thanks for your patience! Thanks for questioning my oft-rushed conclusions! :) I updated vim in a9afb956b3232ccfb7deaf3feed02b60a12d65bf.