Kei Kebreau writes: > Marius Bakke writes: > >> Kei Kebreau writes: >> >> From reading the "dist/freedoom" shell script, it looks like it tries >> prboom-plus automatically if it exists in PATH. Does this not work? It >> also tries a bunch of other engines, so I don't think we should hard >> code one. >> > > In that case, we could instead leave the package as is and have users > install prboom-plus (or future engines when they are packaged) > manually. Freedoom's package description already mentions that it needs > a compatible engine to run. If you think that's enough for a casual user > to notice, I'm fine with dropping the patch. > I've decided against this patch, as we may have other Doom engines available in the future. Thank you for your time, Marius.