Arun Isaac writes: > Thank you for the bug reports! > > The Guix xdg-utils package is in need of an update. The latest release > is 1.1.1. Unlike the 1.0.2 release currently in Guix, the new release > has test cases, many of which currently fail in Guix. While trying to > get the tests to pass, I noticed that /usr/bin/file is hardcoded into > xdg-mime. That, I think, is at least part of the problem. I am working > on this, and will hopefully be done this weekend. We will revisit these > bugs after that. Heh, I've had a WIP update for 1.1.1 for some time and decided to finish it based on this discussion. This tries "gvfs-open" before "gnome-open". @Ben (and others), can you try this patch and see if that works for you?