all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Magit interactive rebase error: perl not found
@ 2018-07-28  8:26 Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2018-07-28  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

When rebasing interactively with Magit, I get the following error

  1 git … rebase -i d64bc3b\^
/home/ambrevar/.guix-profile/libexec/git-core/git-rebase--interactive: line 277: perl: command not found
Could not execute editor

From commandline it works fine.  If I install perl in my user profile,
it works too.

I suspect some defvar patch to be missing.

Anyone else?

--
Pierre Neidhardt

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Magit interactive rebase error: perl not found
@ 2018-08-03  2:35 ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-08-03  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: help-guix

Pierre Neidhardt <ambrevar@gmail.com> writes:

> When rebasing interactively with Magit, I get the following error
>
>   1 git … rebase -i d64bc3b\^
> /home/ambrevar/.guix-profile/libexec/git-core/git-rebase--interactive: line 277: perl: command not found
> Could not execute editor
>
> From commandline it works fine.  If I install perl in my user profile,
> it works too.
>
> I suspect some defvar patch to be missing.
>
> Anyone else?

I don't use Magit, so I can't say.  What's in the
git-rebase--interactive file on line 277?  In my case, it's this:

267    git_sequence_editor () {
268        if test -z "$GIT_SEQUENCE_EDITOR"
269        then
270            GIT_SEQUENCE_EDITOR="$(git config sequence.editor)"
271            if [ -z "$GIT_SEQUENCE_EDITOR" ]
272            then
273                GIT_SEQUENCE_EDITOR="$(git var GIT_EDITOR)" || return $?
274            fi
275        fi
276
277        eval "$GIT_SEQUENCE_EDITOR" '"$@"'
278    }

Assuming it's the same for you, it would be interesting to see what the
value of $GIT_SEQUENCE_EDITOR and $@ are in this case.  Maybe you could
hack together a custom Git package to figure it out?

--
Chris

@ 2018-08-04 17:38   ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2018-08-04 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)