Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Christopher Baines writes: > >> This service integrates cups and PolicyKit. The gnome-control-center printing >> section uses this functionality. >> >> * gnu/sevices/desktop.scm (cups-pk-helper-service-type): New variable. >> (%desktop-services): Add the cups-pk-helper service. > > I wonder if this service is really needed or if it would be enough to > install the package into the system profile, for example. > > (It looks fine to me, but I’m still curious.) Thanks for taking a look Ricardo. I'm unsure, this DBus/Polkit stuff is still a bit of a mystery to me. These files are put in place by the service [1], and I think that's what makes it do stuff... 1: /etc/dbus-1/system-services/org.opensuse.CupsPkHelper.Mechanism.service /etc/polkit-1/actions/org.opensuse.cupspkhelper.mechanism.policy I guess it entirely depends on the configuration for DBus and Polkit in Guix, but I can't see similar things in /run/current-system/profile/etc/ so I'm guessing it's not currently possible to make this work through the system profile.