zimoun writes: > On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 20:38, Christopher Baines wrote: >> zimoun writes: >> >> > What is the better? >> > a- Patch the CMakeLists.txt to generate only the right tests >> > b- Turn off all the tests >> >> There may be a third option, run only the tests that are known to pass. >> >> I know very little about CMake, but I searched for ctest, which is >> something mentioned in the CMakeLists.txt file, and it brought up this >> [1] which mentions --exclude-regex and --label-exclude. Maybe these >> could somehow be passed in, or maybe set through environment variables? > > From my understanding, the cmake-build-system calls "make test" and > not "ctest". Right? I think CMake generates the Makefile, so I would guess that "make test" might end up running "ctest". > If I understand well, the idea should be to turn off the all tests > ("#:tests? #f") and to add a final phase calling "ctest" with the > correct tests. Does this make sense? That would work, but in my opinion a neater approach would be to keep #:tests? as #t, and replace the 'check phase to call ctest with the required arguments. Then #:tests? still works as an argument. Something like... (arguments '(#:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases (replace 'check (lambda* (#:key tests? #:allow-other-keys) (when tests? (invoke "ctest" "--exclude-regex" "...")) #t))))) Hope that helps, Chris