On 2019-03-09, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: > On 2019-03-06, Timothy Sample wrote: >> Vagrant Cascadian writes: >>> On 2019-03-06, Timothy Sample wrote: >>>> I was able to get Guix to boot on an ASUS Chromebook C201PA. > > So, I've gotten the kernel to load, but the version of coreboot and/or > depthcharge I have installed seems to ignore the presence of the initrd > (which you had mentioned in your initial mail). I guess I should try > libreboot again, maybe it fixed some other things too... With libreboot re-installed, it's working for me as well! I haven't tried just applying the minimal patches and/or configuration on top of Guix's linux-libre, but that seems like a logical next step... > I did manage to get the rockchip.usb_uart with a hacked up USB cable to > produce a serial console for debugging and actually seeing the kernel > logs rather than them scrolling pass the screen only to give a kernel > panic. > > (kernel-arguments '("console=ttyS2,115200" "rockchip.usb_uart")) To be clear, this feature doesn't actually make a serial console over USB, it somehow "rewires" one of the USB ports to have a ground, rx and tx serial-ttl pinout. So you pretty much need a custom USB-A plug and solder/crimp the bare wires to a serial-ttl adapter. Slightly more details in Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt. live well, vagrant