Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi Chris! > > ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis: > >> Christopher Baines skribis: >> >>> I'm using a UK keyboard layout with a computer that I recently installed >>> GuixSD on with a encrypted root parition. Immediately after installation >>> when I attempted to boot in to the new system for the first time I had >>> to enter the passphrase twice, and in doing this, first I had to use the >>> keyboard layout under which I carried out the installation (the layout >>> which I had intended to use), and then during the early boot stage of >>> the system I had to enter the passphrase using a different keyboard >>> layout. >> >> Currently installing a keymap is something done by the ‘console-keymap’ >> Shepherd service, which invokes ‘loadkeys’. That happens after >> “cryptsetup --open” has opened your encrypted root device, hence the >> problem. > > This is finally fixed by commit > ae7a316b9da0d1a50c5abdc531c68c8e98e561c9, which initializes the console > keyboard layout straight from the initrd. Exciting, thanks Ludo :)