Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi Josh, > > Josh Holland skribis: > >> Ludovic Courtès writes: >>> Could you check ‘guix size redshift’ vs. ‘guix size redshift-wayland’, >>> to estimate the cost of supporting both X and Wayland? >> $ ./pre-inst-env guix size redshift > > [...] > >> total: 126.6 MiB >> >> $ ./pre-inst-env guix size redshift-wayland > > [...] > >> total: 136.7 MiB >> >> >>> If the cost in size is too important, then we could keep separate >>> packages, but in that case one should inherit from the other to reduce >>> duplication. >> >> I agree, but IMO 10 MiB is fairly insignificant. My only reservation is >> that this isn't a formally released package, but I've been using it for >> a week or so without any issues (though I haven't tested it on an X11 >> system). > > I agree. > > So, could you send a patch that updates ‘redshift’ to this snapshot and > adds Wayland support? Just add a comment stating why we’re using this > snapshot instead of the latest release. Since this Wayland variant is a fork of Redshift, I think it is better to keep it as a separate package for now.