I'll test those rebased patches as well. The automated system tests no longer pass -- although it might not be specific to this change (I'll try running the "installed-os" test to see if all the install tests are broken or just this new "btrfs-root-on-subvolume-os" one.). In case you are not familiar with system tests, a single system test can be run with: make check-system TESTS="btrfs-root-on-subvolume-os" The install tests are defined under (gnu tests install) and are *very* expensive to run (mostly in time, but they require some disk space as well). Hence the hack in 0001, but I'm not sure if it brings as much benefits as when I made it (given Ludovic keeps improving the way Guix gets built :-)). A fresh benchmark could be interesting if you have lots of time on your hands. Thank you for looking at this! Maxim