all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
Cc: Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net>,
	 zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>,
	 Guix Devel <guix-devel@gnu.org>,  Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com>
Subject: Re: Mumi, public-inbox and tools
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 23:08:15 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi!

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:
>
>> Hi Ludo,
>>
>>> The attached super-early-draft ‘guix review’ script fetches mboxes from
>>> mumi—that part is OK.
>>
>> I like the idea! But, could we put this in mumi instead of guix? That
>> way, other packages that use debbugs/mumi (skribilo comes to mind), can
>> benefit from it as well. Something like
>>
>> $ guix shell mumi -- mumi review 54874
>
> I also think it would be a good fit for mumi.

Yes, there are good arguments for having it in mumi.  One of them is
that we can make the server and client-side work hand-in-hand.

An argument in favor of having such a tool in Guix is that we could have
Guix-specific tooling layered on top, such as listing the set of
new/upgraded packages, automatically building them, things like that.

But look: we could have a generic ‘mumi review’ that a hypothetical
‘guix review’ could use as a library and extend.

At any rate, anything will be better than the status quo, so I’m all for
starting with a simple ‘mumi review’!

Perhaps we should organize a hacking session or something eventually?

Thanks,
Ludo’.