Giovanni Biscuolo writes: [...] > Executive summary: it's "just" and **interface** problem; contributors "an interface problem" > who like the SourceHut web UI to format and send patchsets via email are > very wellcome to subscribe and use the SourceHut services to send > patches (also) to Guix [1]. There is no reason for Guix to be > (self)hosted on SourceHut. > > Also, like there are manu TUI for Git, "there are many" > there are also many Git GUIs > around https://git-scm.com/downloads/guis, maybe some of them also have > a "patch preparation UI" like the Git SourceHut web service. For example, I see that git-cola (https://git-cola.github.io/) have an interface to apply patches [1] (the user still needs a way to download the patches to apply them) but AFAIU it does not have an interface for "git format-patch"; I guess it should not be too hard to add it as a custom GUI action [2] Could git-cola be a tool to help people who dislike CLI/TUI tools contribute to Guix (or other email based patch management projects) smootly? [...] Best regards, Gio' [1] https://git-cola.readthedocs.io/en/latest/git-cola.html#apply-patches [2] https://git-cola.readthedocs.io/en/latest/git-cola.html#custom-gui-actions -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures