all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Why is this build considered a failure by hydra?
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 17:14:42 +0200	[thread overview]

Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> skribis:

> Looking at http://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/master , it seems that a
> large percentage of our builds have started failing.  I was curious so I
> took a look.  The first failure I looked at was 'file', since I recently
> upgraded it:
>
>   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/46637

I’ve just restarted it, and now it looks as succeeding.

> Looking at the tail of the log, it looks like a successful build.
> However, hydra reports that it failed with exit code 100.
>
> What's going on here?

Offloading failed in some way.  hydra.gnunet.org was down for some time,
so perhaps we hit that just at this moment.  Or some networking issue
occurred just as we were retrieving the build outputs to hydra.gnu.org
(although these are normally distinguished from permanent build
failures, and marked as aborted.)  Or there’s a bug in the offload hook.

This is clearly an annoyance.  We must keep monitoring Hydra to see if
there’s any clue of an actual bug or setup issue.

Ludo’.