In my personal projects, I keep a 'package.scm' file in the root of the source tree for use with 'guix environment -l'. However, it's also handy to install that package by using 'guix package -e': guix package -e '(primitive-load "package.scm")' This patch adds a shorthand for this: guix package -f package.scm The motivation for this is to ultimately encourage other people to keep a 'package.scm' file in their own repos for building reproducible development environments and easily testing development snapshots, like what we do with our 'guix-devel' package. I'd like to add the same option for 'guix build', if this is approved.