ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Arun Isaac skribis: > >> Ludovic Courtès writes: >> >>> There a few big packages showing up in the profile; we should try to >>> make them smaller, perhaps by introducing separate outputs: >>> Thoughts? >> >> I have to go through the dependency tree carefully to figure out which >> package to split. Do you have any suggestions off the bat? > > ImageMagick and Graphviz are pretty big. For the latter, ISTR there are > a couple of executables that are surprisingly big; perhaps the solution > would be to figure out why it is the case and strip them somehow, if > possible. > > Ghostscript and icu4c are also rather big. > How about making a tiny version of imagemagick excluding ghostscript? The emacs manual[0] says ghostscript is a hard requirement for postscript files. If users don't need to render postscript files, then we don't need it, right? > Ludo’. [0]: https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Document-View.html#fnd-1