Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Chris Marusich writes: > >> Ricardo Wurmus writes: >> >>> Hi Guix, >>> >>> some of our Java packages now only build with icedtea-8. To avoid >>> incompatibilities we should make icedtea-8 the default and make sure >>> that all packages still build with that version. >>> >>> Who would like to help with this? We can do this in a separate branch >>> and build it on berlin.guixsd.org. > […] >> >> I'd like to help with this. Do we just need to update various java >> package definitions to use the most recent icedtea-8, and debug any >> issues that might arise? Or did you mean something else? > > Yes, that’s pretty much it. I remember that some of the early Java > packages I added could not be built with icedtea-8. In those cases it > may be sufficient to set the compiler source version to 1.7 while still > using icedtea-8. > > I’d be happy if you could give this a try in a new branch. Once we have > a branch we can build I’ll update the Cuirass specs on berlin.guixsd.org > to build the Java packages and their dependencies from the new branch. > Let’s base this on core-updates. OK, I'll find some time to work on this in the coming days. I'll send you an update by the end of this month at the latest. -- Chris