Pierre Neidhardt writes: > As far as I can remember, the documentation example did not work for me. > > I think it is because I had built a custom image on which nmcli was > running because the network-manager service was automatically started, > unbeknownst to me. > > Beyond the installation process, I think my example is also relevant for > at least one of the official "lightweight-desktop.scm" configuration > file for which the default way to connect is nmcli. The example in the manual is intended for the situation in which someone is installing GuixSD using the official installation image. If you're using a custom image, or if you're using an installed system built from lightweight-desktop.scm or something else, then the instructions may not apply. I think that's appropriate. Once a user installs whatever system they want to use, it's partially up to them to understand how to use it. For example, we don't fully document all the features of GNOME just because we package it as a desktop environment. I think the same goes for tools like nmtui. If a user wants to use it, they will figure out how to use it. The various methods for network management are described in the manual (see: "(guix) Networking Services"). I don't feel like there are any egregious omissions related to networking or nmtui in particular. If there is a common problem that people trip over during the official installation process, then it might be a different story. However, it doesn't sound like that's the case. Am I missing something? -- Chris