all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Audacity dependencies
@ 2018-09-23  8:10 znavko
From: znavko @ 2018-09-23  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

Hello! Audacity has no all audio devices to work with. I need manually install by non-root user `guix package -i alsa-plugins alsa-utils`. Only after that all menu entries appear and I can choose 'sysdefault', 'sysdefault' and hear sound from audacity.
But after non-root user runs `guix pull`, `guix package -u` I have to install alsa-plugins and apla-utils again for work with audacity.
The second is that audacity does not play sound in any device I choose if any other program plays sound right now. That was not on trisquel, for example. I do not know how to fix it.
The third is that audacity can not find files in directory of a project. So I think it is a small bug in audio.scm. https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/audio.scm
I have the default alsa + pulseaudio, without any changes in my config.scm
Please, let me know if it is possible to correct.

* Re: Audacity dependencies
@ 2018-09-23  9:00 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2018-09-23  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko; +Cc: help-guix@gnu.org