Hi! Ludovic Courtès writes: [...] > It’s a paragraph that explains how to upgrade Guix System, so I think > foreign distros should be discussed elsewhere. (I appreciate your > attempt to add proper documentation about that for foreign distros!) > >> what my commits aim to do is make them generally true regardless of >> In the commit message I wrote: >> >> Although this section is specific to Guix System, it is likely to be >> read by users of foreign GNU/Linux distributions as well. Remove the >> note, given that sudo doesn't preserve the user's PATH on foreign >> distributions such as Debian. > > But users of foreign distros would hopefully realize that ‘guix system > reconfigure’ (in the same snippet) is not for them. :-) I've been guilty myself of using C-s or 'i' in the manual and reading something that didn't apply to my system but *did* match my search... :-) >> What about adding a section that we could call “Upgrading Guix” > under “Application Setup”, which is where setup on foreign distros is > discussed? > > The section could say: > > 1. Run ‘guix pull’ to upgrade Guix. > > 2. When you need to upgrade the build daemon, for instance, which runs > as root, run: > > sudo -i guix pull > > How does that sound? This sounds much simpler than attempting to twist some other section into something it wasn't really meant for ;-). I've attached a simple patch implementing the idea. Thanks for your patience! Maxim