Hi Mathieu, Thanks a lot for taking so much time to help me out and review this patch. Following your previous mail, I'm currently writing a test. I may follow NFS's tests rather than CUPS -- (some of) NFS' tests just checks from within the marionette that the service has been started, while CUPS verifies from the outside that an external service is correctly running. While I do prefer the CUPS test -- verify at the "user level" that the service is provided -- it seems very complex to me to test cachefilesd at a high level with a binary decision and no false positive. Venues for this could be: - maybe an NFS mount with the fsc option when cachefilesd is not activated will fail -- I need to check that; - or maybe mounting some NFS share with fsc, accessing it, and checking afterwards that the cache has been filled by cached data -- this is getting complex though, and probably not a clear-cut scenario. I don't know how high you will set the bar and if a simple 'check that the daemon is running' would be sufficient to you :) Thanks a lot for the various documentation pointers and style recommendation. I really appreciate all of this! I will provide a comprehensive patch with your changes integrated, and a test, as soon as i am happy with it -- or just give up writing the perfect test. Kind regards, Jean-Baptiste