Hi simon, zimoun writes: > Hi, > > On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 at 23:28, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > >> Having pushed the (guix transformations) patch¹, which also updates the >> manual and thus requires yet some more translation work, I think I don’t >> have any serious changes to make and I’d be happy to branch now. WDYT? > > I think it would be good to branch. > > >> There are a couple of pending issues, notably regarding locales in GRUB, >> but nothing big hopefully, and nothing that changes the manual and >> strings I believe. > > Does it break the system? > Miguel seems to say no. Only Ludo knows about which exact issues was thinking, I can speak only for myself. :-) Messages displayed by GRUB should be localized as declared on the operating-system with current master; menu items aren't translated yet because I have to work more on that implementation and I couldn't reach this release with something good, sorry. :-( > Does it downgrade the first impression that the user has? As far as my testing goes, all the bits that could lead to that are already solved on master too. >> Tuesday 6th is approaching very fast and probably we’re be a bit behind >> schedule, we’ll see. > > I think this Fri. Nov. 6th will be hard; but it is still doable if we > branch really soon. Tomorrow? With my translator hat on: a new tarball for TP has to be generated before or after creating the branch (1.2.0-pre3). If done tomorrow, I think the translations could need a bit later than Friday to catch up; Florian and Julien, what do you think? Happy hacking! Miguel