zimoun writes: > Hi, Hi Simon! >> >> (invoke-julia "using Pkg; Pkg.TOML.parsefile("Project.toml")["name"] |> println") > > With a bit more glue, could this be transformed into something like > “julia->guix-package”? And so have a Julia package importer, even if it > fails for some cases. Well, if you mean "Can we use Pkg.jl to generate package definitions for us?" the answer is "probably yes, but I never investigated this". That line uses just Julia Base TOML.jl, which for some reason is defined inside module Pkg.jl (and it's not top-level). If you instead meant "Can we have a Julia importer?" some time ago I wrote one in Julia, I've not used it in the last year, but it did work quite well back then. I attach it here for reference. But before digging into Pkg3, I need to push a new set of packages which contains julia-jllwrappers, which is needed for Julia packages which require binary distributions to work. After that, it will be possible to create an importer that work "ok" even with packages depending on .so libraries.