all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken
@ 2022-01-13 13:58 Andrew Tropin
       [not found] ` <handler.53230.B.16420823537013.ack@debbugs.gnu.org>
  2022-01-13 22:15 ` bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Tropin @ 2022-01-13 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 53230

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3381 bytes --]

A day ago I found out that I can't pull/time-machine from my local guix
repo with patches.  After running guix time-machine -C ./channels ...,
guix reported the following:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
guix time-machine: warning: channel authentication disabled
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -
Backtrace:
          18 (primitive-load "/home/bob/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
In guix/ui.scm:
   2206:7 17 (run-guix . _)
  2169:10 16 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 15 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
  1747:15 14 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f66dc8711b0 at ice-9/boot-9.…> …)
In guix/store.scm:
    671:3 13 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 12 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
In guix/store.scm:
   658:37 11 (thunk)
In guix/status.scm:
    802:4 10 (call-with-status-report _ _)
In guix/store.scm:
   1320:8  9 (call-with-build-handler _ _)
   1320:8  8 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f66dc887840 at guix/ui.scm:…> …)
  2123:24  7 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f66dc829460> _ # _ # _ # …)
In guix/inferior.scm:
   817:16  6 (_ _)
In guix/store.scm:
  1995:38  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0>)
   1468:0  4 (add-temp-root #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0> #<derivatio…>)
In guix/serialization.scm:
   130:20  3 (write-store-path #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvs…> …)
In unknown file:
           2 (string->utf8 #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218…>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
In procedure string->utf8: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting
string): #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218kc0k-profile.drv =>
/gnu/store/3hc33q0xlajd75l52grsg8dg1ais2hss-profile 7f66cb7eaeb0>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Later I discovered, that the problem isn't related to my local changes,
it reproduces with main guix channel too, also, other people on their
setups reporting the same problem.

Way to reproduce:
1. Find any commit you didn't built guix for earlier.  For example a79ad5fce5.

2.1 Update guix to the latest version and do describe under time-machine: 
guix pull && guix time-machine --commit=a79ad5fce5 --disable-authentication -- describe

2.2 or more preciese and less invasive alternative:
guix time-machine --commit=0f869287ebf -- time-machine --commit=a79ad5fce5 --disable-authentication -- describe


To be sure, I tried it on a separate machine with only guix channel,
which wasn't updated for a while. 2.2 failed the same way as described
at the beginning, but when I tried just:

guix time-machine --commit=a79ad5fce5 --disable-authentication -- describe

it worked.  Also, I did similiar test like in 2.1 with guix pull and
after that guix pull --roll-back, the result is the same.

Skimming throught the latest changes didn't bring any results yet.
Bisecting and building guix, will let you know, if/when I find more.

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 853 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#53230: Acknowledgement (Disable authentication seems broken)
       [not found] ` <handler.53230.B.16420823537013.ack@debbugs.gnu.org>
@ 2022-01-13 16:23   ` Andrew Tropin
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Tropin @ 2022-01-13 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 53230

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 403 bytes --]


Seems issue appeared after 9f371f23eb.  

This one fails:
guix time-machine --commit=9f371f23ebfa20f70b3bfd55dc459b683f21ba91 -- time-machine --commit=d87d6d6812 --disable-authentication -- describe

This one works:
guix time-machine --commit=1a0696e0a6dcde342094712957037c586f572efb -- time-machine --commit=d56a29edb7 --disable-authentication -- describe

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 853 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken
  2022-01-13 13:58 bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken Andrew Tropin
       [not found] ` <handler.53230.B.16420823537013.ack@debbugs.gnu.org>
@ 2022-01-13 22:15 ` Ludovic Courtès
  2022-01-14  7:05   ` Andrew Tropin
  2022-01-14 14:56   ` Andrew Tropin
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-01-13 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Tropin; +Cc: 53230-done

Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> skribis:

> A day ago I found out that I can't pull/time-machine from my local guix
> repo with patches.  After running guix time-machine -C ./channels ...,
> guix reported the following:
>
> Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
> guix time-machine: warning: channel authentication disabled
> Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -
> Backtrace:
>           18 (primitive-load "/home/bob/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
> In guix/ui.scm:
>    2206:7 17 (run-guix . _)
>   2169:10 16 (run-guix-command _ . _)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1752:10 15 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
>   1747:15 14 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f66dc8711b0 at ice-9/boot-9.…> …)
> In guix/store.scm:
>     671:3 13 (_)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1752:10 12 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
> In guix/store.scm:
>    658:37 11 (thunk)
> In guix/status.scm:
>     802:4 10 (call-with-status-report _ _)
> In guix/store.scm:
>    1320:8  9 (call-with-build-handler _ _)
>    1320:8  8 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f66dc887840 at guix/ui.scm:…> …)
>   2123:24  7 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f66dc829460> _ # _ # _ # …)
> In guix/inferior.scm:
>    817:16  6 (_ _)
> In guix/store.scm:
>   1995:38  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0>)
>    1468:0  4 (add-temp-root #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0> #<derivatio…>)
> In guix/serialization.scm:
>    130:20  3 (write-store-path #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvs…> …)
> In unknown file:
>            2 (string->utf8 #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218…>)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>
> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> In procedure string->utf8: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting
> string): #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218kc0k-profile.drv =>
> /gnu/store/3hc33q0xlajd75l52grsg8dg1ais2hss-profile 7f66cb7eaeb0>

Fixed in b1fc98d6b063a117fe2bcc19a60c8b9a48301593, thanks!

Ludo’.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken
  2022-01-13 22:15 ` bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken Ludovic Courtès
@ 2022-01-14  7:05   ` Andrew Tropin
  2022-01-14 14:56   ` Andrew Tropin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Tropin @ 2022-01-14  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 53230-done

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2467 bytes --]

On 2022-01-13 23:15, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> skribis:
>
>> A day ago I found out that I can't pull/time-machine from my local guix
>> repo with patches.  After running guix time-machine -C ./channels ...,
>> guix reported the following:
>>
>> Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
>> guix time-machine: warning: channel authentication disabled
>> Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -
>> Backtrace:
>>           18 (primitive-load "/home/bob/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
>> In guix/ui.scm:
>>    2206:7 17 (run-guix . _)
>>   2169:10 16 (run-guix-command _ . _)
>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>   1752:10 15 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
>>   1747:15 14 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f66dc8711b0 at ice-9/boot-9.…> …)
>> In guix/store.scm:
>>     671:3 13 (_)
>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>   1752:10 12 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
>> In guix/store.scm:
>>    658:37 11 (thunk)
>> In guix/status.scm:
>>     802:4 10 (call-with-status-report _ _)
>> In guix/store.scm:
>>    1320:8  9 (call-with-build-handler _ _)
>>    1320:8  8 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f66dc887840 at guix/ui.scm:…> …)
>>   2123:24  7 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f66dc829460> _ # _ # _ # …)
>> In guix/inferior.scm:
>>    817:16  6 (_ _)
>> In guix/store.scm:
>>   1995:38  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0>)
>>    1468:0  4 (add-temp-root #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0> #<derivatio…>)
>> In guix/serialization.scm:
>>    130:20  3 (write-store-path #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvs…> …)
>> In unknown file:
>>            2 (string->utf8 #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218…>)
>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>   1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>>
>> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
>> In procedure string->utf8: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting
>> string): #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218kc0k-profile.drv =>
>> /gnu/store/3hc33q0xlajd75l52grsg8dg1ais2hss-profile 7f66cb7eaeb0>
>
> Fixed in b1fc98d6b063a117fe2bcc19a60c8b9a48301593, thanks!
>

Thank you very much!  Tested this commit, --disable-authentication works
now!)

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 853 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken
  2022-01-13 22:15 ` bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken Ludovic Courtès
  2022-01-14  7:05   ` Andrew Tropin
@ 2022-01-14 14:56   ` Andrew Tropin
  2022-01-17 18:12     ` Ludovic Courtès
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Tropin @ 2022-01-14 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 53230-done

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3812 bytes --]

On 2022-01-13 23:15, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> skribis:
>
>> A day ago I found out that I can't pull/time-machine from my local guix
>> repo with patches.  After running guix time-machine -C ./channels ...,
>> guix reported the following:
>>
>> Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
>> guix time-machine: warning: channel authentication disabled
>> Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -
>> Backtrace:
>>           18 (primitive-load "/home/bob/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
>> In guix/ui.scm:
>>    2206:7 17 (run-guix . _)
>>   2169:10 16 (run-guix-command _ . _)
>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>   1752:10 15 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
>>   1747:15 14 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f66dc8711b0 at ice-9/boot-9.…> …)
>> In guix/store.scm:
>>     671:3 13 (_)
>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>   1752:10 12 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
>> In guix/store.scm:
>>    658:37 11 (thunk)
>> In guix/status.scm:
>>     802:4 10 (call-with-status-report _ _)
>> In guix/store.scm:
>>    1320:8  9 (call-with-build-handler _ _)
>>    1320:8  8 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f66dc887840 at guix/ui.scm:…> …)
>>   2123:24  7 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f66dc829460> _ # _ # _ # …)
>> In guix/inferior.scm:
>>    817:16  6 (_ _)
>> In guix/store.scm:
>>   1995:38  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0>)
>>    1468:0  4 (add-temp-root #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0> #<derivatio…>)
>> In guix/serialization.scm:
>>    130:20  3 (write-store-path #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvs…> …)
>> In unknown file:
>>            2 (string->utf8 #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218…>)
>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>   1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>>
>> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
>> In procedure string->utf8: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting
>> string): #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218kc0k-profile.drv =>
>> /gnu/store/3hc33q0xlajd75l52grsg8dg1ais2hss-profile 7f66cb7eaeb0>
>
> Fixed in b1fc98d6b063a117fe2bcc19a60c8b9a48301593, thanks!
>
> Ludo’.

Oops,

guix time-machine --disable-authentication -- describe

fails with:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Backtrace:
           7 (primitive-load "/home/bob/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
In guix/ui.scm:
   2209:7  6 (run-guix . _)
  2172:10  5 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10  4 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
  1747:15  3 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7fc91eff8fc0 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:1831:7 (exn)> _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
In guix/scripts/time-machine.scm:
   158:28  2 (_)
In unknown file:
           1 (string-append #<derivation /gnu/store/18bv09fgcchf1ymxz5x4hq8bc9igsiq2-profile.drv => /gnu/store/gqbh9r3v6zba7066k2xbaf5hyqx15d8p-profile 7fc90d4bdd20> "/b…")
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #<derivation /gnu/store/18bv09fgcchf1ymxz5x4hq8bc9igsiq2-profile.drv => /gnu/store/gqbh9r3v6zba7066k2xbaf5hyqx15d8p-profile 7fc90d4bdd20>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

But

guix time-machine --commit=bccfcef4 -- time-machine --disable-authentication -- describe

works fine.

Probably, I forgot to remove a workaround, when I was testing
b1fc98d6b063a117fe2bcc19a60c8b9a48301593.

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 853 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken
  2022-01-14 14:56   ` Andrew Tropin
@ 2022-01-17 18:12     ` Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-01-17 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Tropin; +Cc: 53230-done

Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> skribis:

> On 2022-01-13 23:15, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>
>> Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> skribis:

[...]

>>>    1468:0  4 (add-temp-root #<store-connection 256.99 7f66ca72bdc0> #<derivatio…>)
>>> In guix/serialization.scm:
>>>    130:20  3 (write-store-path #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvs…> …)
>>> In unknown file:
>>>            2 (string->utf8 #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218…>)
>>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>>   1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>>>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>>>
>>> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
>>> In procedure string->utf8: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting
>>> string): #<derivation /gnu/store/pqn1xr6882907b41j6mybvsg4218kc0k-profile.drv =>
>>> /gnu/store/3hc33q0xlajd75l52grsg8dg1ais2hss-profile 7f66cb7eaeb0>
>>
>> Fixed in b1fc98d6b063a117fe2bcc19a60c8b9a48301593, thanks!

[...]

> In guix/scripts/time-machine.scm:
>    158:28  2 (_)
> In unknown file:
>            1 (string-append #<derivation /gnu/store/18bv09fgcchf1ymxz5x4hq8bc9igsiq2-profile.drv => /gnu/store/gqbh9r3v6zba7066k2xbaf5hyqx15d8p-profile 7fc90d4bdd20> "/b…")
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>
> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #<derivation /gnu/store/18bv09fgcchf1ymxz5x4hq8bc9igsiq2-profile.drv => /gnu/store/gqbh9r3v6zba7066k2xbaf5hyqx15d8p-profile 7fc90d4bdd20>

My bad, fixed for good in a9cc79d9f3a4448b821ebd8f394a1c7b0004a0ba.

Thanks,
Ludo’.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2022-01-17 18:13 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-01-13 13:58 bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken Andrew Tropin
     [not found] ` <handler.53230.B.16420823537013.ack@debbugs.gnu.org>
2022-01-13 16:23   ` bug#53230: Acknowledgement (Disable authentication seems broken) Andrew Tropin
2022-01-13 22:15 ` bug#53230: Disable authentication seems broken Ludovic Courtès
2022-01-14  7:05   ` Andrew Tropin
2022-01-14 14:56   ` Andrew Tropin
2022-01-17 18:12     ` Ludovic Courtès

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git

This is an external index of several public inboxes,
see mirroring instructions on how to clone and mirror
all data and code used by this external index.