Hello Maxime, On 2022-03-12, 18:59 +0100, Maxime Devos wrote: > Emacs is GPL3+ (according to guix show). This extension of Emacs is > GPL2-only (according to the package definition). Seems like the author > intended it to be free software, but accidentally made a license > incompatibility? Is there any requirement for third party elisp packages to be /gpl3-or-later/? talks only about packages in the ELPA (xah-fly-keys is not a part of any ELPA). One package in emacs-xyz.scm is /gpl2-only/, which upstream has updated to /gpl3+/. [1] My original concern was the second sentence of the license string. > Additionally, IIRC, the GPL has some requirements about including a > copy of the GPL. > > I assume these issue would be easy to correct by contacting upstream. > > I looked a little further and saw > , so I guess that > the .el is just a little out-of-date. I have contacted the author off-list regarding clarification on license. [1] https://github.com/rlister/org-present/pull/39 -- Jai Vetrivelan