Hi everyone, Janneke Nieuwenhuizen writes: > Just a headsup that this change breaks the store-roots test on the hurd > for me. Thanks for the feedback Janneke. It seems that there is some left-over state that can mess with this state's result: I was initially surprised that the /profiles directory could appear in the gc roots, but that's because it is symlinked under /gcroots, not because it is itself searched for gc roots. In any case, the /gcroots directory along with the /gcroots/profiles symlink is created when a connection is made to the daemon, which is not the case here yet. However, a connection might have been opened before for the same state dir (which depends on the PID of build-aux/test-env.in). It might also depend on whether the clean-up of the state directory made by `trap` worked and whether PIDs get re-used quickly on the specific kernel. I think this is all too unreliable here (I have one such example of a leftover PID state dir in my tree, so it might happen more often than not). In any case, if this test is only here to check if gc-roots doesn't error out, we could return #t at the end to only fish for errors. WDYT? Best, -- Josselin Poiret