all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* XDG spec and ~/.config/guix/
@ 2024-05-24 20:49 Felix Lechner via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
From: Felix Lechner via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution. @ 2024-05-24 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

In ~/.config/guix/ I found a symbolic link called 'current' to
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/lechner/current-guix.  Does that comply with
the XDG spec? [1]

For backgroud, I am ditching the home-channels-service-type and plan to
maintain the folder as a Git repo.  Since 'current' is a computational
output, I believe the link belongs into $XDG_STATE_HOME.

For me, that would be in ~/.local/state/guix.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-05-24 20:50 UTC | newest]