Marius Bakke writes: > Leo Famulari writes: > >> On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 10:08:18PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote: >>> Leo Famulari writes: >>> > I agree, wow! Thanks for this. It should help new Schemers to feel more >>> > comfortable editing packages. >>> > >>> > This might be annoying but it should wait until after the core-updates >>> > branch is done and merged into the master branch. I want to minimize the >>> > number of merge conflicts because they are 1) annoying and 2) relatively >>> > opaque when reading the Git history. Marius's suggestion is another good >>> > one, and would help with issues like that. >>> > >>> > But if we were to wait until after core-updates and push it as one >>> > commit, I wouldn't mind. It's up to the two of you and everyone else :) >>> >>> Yeah I guess the squashed patch is okay. If we delay the patches until >>> after 'staging' and 'python-updates' as well, no merge will be >>> necessary. But it won't be a pretty cherry-pick either, by then. >> >> True, we should not wait *too* long. I think that doing it after >> core-updates and before staging and python-updates could be good >> compromise, because those branches touch a relatively small number of >> modules. WDYT? > > I think the least painful path is: > > * Merge 'core-updates'. > * Merge to 'staging'. > * > * Branch 'python-updates' from staging. > * Build staging. > > Sounds good? :-) Actually we probably should swap 2 and 3 if we can take the rebuild hit on 'master'. I don't know how many rebuilds this will cause, but I guess as long as it's in the three-digit range it should not take too long.