Ludovic Courtès writes: > Ricardo Wurmus skribis: > >> Right. In the case of R, the environment for a package is serialized to >> a possibly compressed data file (.Rdb) with an index (.Rdx). >> “Sys.which” is part of the “base” package and I cannot find a plain text >> reference to “bin/which” in the binaries for “base”. > > Doh! That’s a problem. The GC won’t detect those references either, > which can lead to early-deletion problems. > >> I don’t know if we can (or should) disable compression for Rdb files. > > We’ll probably have to disable it. (According to ‘file’ it’s no a > standard compression format like gzip; maybe raw zlib without gzip > headers?) Here’s a patch: