Mathieu Othacehe writes: > Hi Ludo, > >> IOW, a service that starts a GuixSD VM for another architecture. >> >> Thoughts? > > Thanks for this patch ! For now I'm still trying to build a GuixSD image > directly on an armhf system. > > About that, i made some progress, but i'm now stuck on > "load-in-linux-vm" part of system generation. This part is starting a > qemu machine, inside the qemu machine i'm using for this dev. It takes > about half an hour, just to boot ! > > Does anyone know how could I speed this up, by buying or renting a > powerful arm machine ? by skipping somehow load-in-linux-vm part ? > > Thanks, > > Mathieu I may be totally out of context here, but I'll just mention that we apparently have some procedures for running builders in "containers" rather than a qemu virtual machine. Perhaps you can avoid one of those load-in-linux-vm calls by running something in a container instead. Check out: guix/gnu/build/linux-container.scm guix/gnu/system/linux-container.scm You might find something you can use. -- Chris