Thorsten Wilms writes: > I wanted to test it by using the changed guix and an operating-system > that would include the x11-socket-dir-service. Things got messy, guix > started to insist on building Python (and failing at it!). I cleaned up > and started again: > $ git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git > $ cd guix > $ guix environment guix > $ ./bootstrap > $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var > $ make > > # ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild > # ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm > > => since I had things to do away from the computer, I gave guix the > chance to complete, but like 3 hours later it was still building and > testing stuff, where prior to this mess, I would have expected none of > that. Last package I recognised was Subversion. [...] > root@charly ~# cd /home/thorwil/guix_env/guix/ > root@charly /home/thorwil/guix_env/guix# ./pre-inst-env guix system > reconfigure /etc/config.scm > substitute: guix substitute: warning: ACL for archive imports seems to > be uninitialized, substitutes may be unavailable > guix: offload: command not found > Try `guix --help' for more information. > guix system: error: build failed: unexpected EOF reading a line This could be because you are running the daemon from a git checkout. I've never tried doing that, but you will probably have to configure with "--sysconfdir=/etc" to pick up '/etc/guix/acl'. Does it work if you use the "normal" daemon? There's usually no need to run the daemon from git unless you are hacking on it.