At the moment it seems that there is no syntactic different between the name and the version number in the output of Guix. The other day I tried to extract the version number of package dependencies with "everything after the last '-'", until I stumbled on the following: > guix package --show=ncdu | recsel -R dependencies ncurses-6.0-20170930 Here the version number contains a '-'. Because of this it makes the problem undecidable I think. Would it be possible to separate the package name from the version number with '@' instead? -- Pierre Neidhardt