all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* good overview presentation?
@ 2019-05-09 15:04 Miles Fidelman
From: Miles Fidelman @ 2019-05-09 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Folks,

Is there a good, current, overview presentation on all things GUIX?  The
whole who, what, where, when, why, how, how much, and who cares overview
that one might give at USENIX, describing a new distro.

I've been doing a lot of googling, and not finding anything remotely
current.  Lots of stuff on detailed aspects, some videos (but no slides)
from FOSDEM 2019 - but nothing that gives the big picture, the overall
architecture, the build process, and so forth.

It seems like the release of v1.0.0 merits a serious
intro/overview/tutorial for those of us who might be interested in
exploring/adopting GUIX.

If there's such a beast floating around, could someone point me at it
(and maybe add a prominent link at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/).

If not... a polite suggestion to the team:  Nobody else can put
something together, it's all too new, and you're the only folks who have
the big picture.  Please share!

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown