Philippe, Le mar. 11 juin 2019 à 09:43, Philippe Veber a écrit : > Hello Tobias, and thanks a lot for your answer! I completely missed this reply. I am so sorry. Philippe Veber wrote: > Hello everyone, > > FWIW, I tried the exact example given in the manual [0] and it > failed, > although for a different reason. It does a lot of work until it > reaches an > exception (the build of profile.drv fails). Could someone > confirm this > should work? Pasting the contents of that first code box into ‘foo’ and running ‘guix environment -m foo’ works fine for me on today's guix. Could you tell us which command you're using and what the result is? > Also, is it expected that packages from guix commits dating > from a few years ago will still work in this setting? Thanks! I'm not sure. There have been some watershed moments in those years, and I don't know how well inferiors would isolate those changes, if at all. Kind regards, T G-R