Ricardo Wurmus writes: > I suppose you are not using a comint-derived mode for your shell then. Precision: It works with M-x shell but not with Eshell. >>> For prettier colours in Emacs we already have things like >>> guix-build-log-mode. >> >> This does not apply to all guix subcommands. > > True, but wouldn’t it be nicer to use font-lock with customizable faces > instead of forcing a certain choice of colours on Emacs users? Hmmm, what do you suggest exactly? M-x shell and Eshell support colors. I don't see why `guix' should be treated specially with regard to colors so why not just use them like every other command line program? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/