znavko--- via Bug reports for GNU Guix writes: > Hello! I make update under root normally. > But normal user cannot finish updates for several times during these 3 weeks. > Sometimes process stops on downloading one file,sometimes another. > I can remember when I had bad connection I restarted updates again and again and finally got my profile updated. > Is it a problem with my network or Guix servers, or guix code? > > $ guix pull && guix package -u > ... > building /gnu/store/7ingg9zn1jv0gy4lv93bj4xl1rg12s4p-gvfs-1.40.1.drv... > building /gnu/store/96wkbqpdv3b5wppma08x4xi8ps7ql82n-audacity-2.4.2.drv... > building /gnu/store/xlvl0iymrcgnl9ng8vp53ibc0rmzl4qw-pcmanfm-1.3.1.drv... > substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 0.0%guix substitute: error: TLS error in procedure 'read_from_session_record_port': Error in the pull function. > guix package: error: unexpected end-of-file This example is in guix pull, it looks like either a network error or an error in your local encryption stack. If other examples are in guix package -u, you can add -k (--keep), then previous good builds will be kept and won’t have to be rebuilt on the next try. However I have been in configurations that for some reasons did not work. This helped me out of that: guix pull && guix package -I | cut -f 1,3 | sed 's/\t/:/' | xargs guix install -k Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken