On 2022-03-20 14:09, florhizome wrote: > Hi Liliana, > > Hm, well it doesn't seem like the exact same issue, but that thread is > helpful. Could systemd/logind be made to use bash for login? Login shell is usually controlled by /etc/passwd, so it shouldn't inerfer with systemd, elogind. > For now I thought maybe I can just write shepherd services to do > that stuff for me, to stay in guix homes framework. But shepherd seems > to have a problem starting up: > > /gnu/store/y85vzni5yc6lcb7qqhmlkifis9nzmm5l-shepherd.conf wird geladen. > herd: Ausnahmefehler während der Ausführung von »load« mit dem Dienst »root«: > In procedure fport_write: Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler > > If you don't speak german, that roughly translates to: > > loading /gnu/store/...-shepherd.conf > herd: exception error during the execution of <> with the service > <>: > In procedure fport_write: i/o error > > I got the same error when reconfiguring with two differing simple > service configurations (just start a program from a package) passed to shepherd. > In anyway I think it would be good to add to guix home's documentation that some features might not work > due to the login system of a foreign distro if we are sure of that? > There were a few fixes related to shepherd service, which probably fixes it. Can you confirm this? Or issue is still valid? Is the whole issue 54354 still valid? -- Best regards, Andrew Tropin