Hi, Aleksandr Vityazev writes: > Hi, > > rrdtool package has not been updated for several years and according to > ci.guix.gnu.org builds normally, but if you run: > > ./pre-inst-env guix build --no-substitutes --check --no-grafts rrdtool > > it outputs an error > sha256 hash mismatch for /gnu/store/icyq4d3fsbbf2yw3dmg7cxgb05qzfd3q-rrdtool-1.7.2.tar.gz: > expected hash: 1nsqra0g2nja19akmf9x5y9hhgc35ml3w9dcdz2ayz7zgvmzmm6d1 > actual hash: 029r3h7l06m3sy9q0hr2krvinhzkqvyl14wj7qjck79bm7rdvp48 > > which looks strange to me. Maybe it's not, but I haven't figured out > why? The upstream-provided tarball has probably been changed on the server without a version bump. The reason why you can still use it with substitutes is that Guix just uses the version that's built with the old tarball because we know its hash. When you try to download it from upstream, Guix rightfully complains that the hash has changed and refuses to go forward! Best, -- Josselin Poiret