Maxime Devos writes: > For example, naev used to work just fine, yet apparently it doesn't > anymore: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65390. > > Given that Guix has ci.guix.gnu.org, I would expect such new problems > to be detected and resolved early, and it was detected by > ci.guix.gnu.org, yet going by issues.guix.gnu.org it was never even > investigated. Yes, honestly I only look for build failures from bug reports, not from CI if i'm not doing a "request for merge" from another branch. > > (Yes, there is a delay, but that doesn't matter at all, as there's > this dashboard .) I found the dashboard inconvenient to use, it show failures for both builds and dependencies in the same red color, and can't be searched. What I usually do is: 1. download the job status json with: wget -O jobs.json 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org/api/jobs?evaluation=692229&system=x86_64-linux' 2. use jq to show package names with build failures: cat jobs.json | jq '. | map(select(.status == 1)) | .[].name' -r 3. select interested one to investigate (if doing merge, diff the failures from working branch with master). > > Do people really need to report 33% of all jobs > (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/668365/dashboard) before those failures > are taken seriously, instead of the ‘there don't seem to be that much > more build failures from the core-updates/... merge, let's solve them > later (i.e., never)’ that seems to be status quo? Maybe we can automatically report the failures as bugs, say every 7 days, and remove a package if it still fail to build in 90 days? As for now, x86_64 master (eval 668365) has 696 build failures, 604 dependencies failures, 30 unknown (canceld?) failures, total 1330 failures according to the jobs.json data. Should we open a bug report for each of those 696 build failures?