Hi chris, chris writes: > Josselin sent this message intended for the thread and I think they are okay with re-pasting here, > >> Usually elogind is responsible (through a PAM module) for creating this runtime directory. If you're not using elogind, you'll need to create this directory yourself somehow. I don't really think this is a bug per-se, as running without elogind is advanced stuff and its consequences should be understood by the user. oops, sorry for not replying to all (the cardinal sin of email conversation). > I support any conclusion from Josselin and unmatched-paren and want to add these observations, > * wlgreet *does require* the greeter lock file > * wlgreet *does not require* elogind/logind > * not-advanced users like me may want to use wlgreet without elogind I'd still like feedback from actual users of wlgreet, as I have not used it myself. I do believe the only way it could work is because something takes care of creating the runtime directory. Best, -- Josselin Poiret