Maxim Cournoyer writes: >> The transformation toward a Guile daemon is a point of consistency and >> pride for the project and therefore unlikely to be second-guessed or >> reverted. My recommendation is to replace the daemon gradually—working >> from (apply system* (command-line) downward—and mainline your >> incremental changes as quickly as possible. > > I had some musing about the daemon recently; I was thinking libguile > could be added to our old C++ daemon, which could then replace its > functions piece-wise with Scheme implemented ones? > > At the end, we'd have almost everything in Scheme, at which point we > could rewrite the main loop to Scheme and say farewell to the old > daemon. > > Would that approach makes any sense? I know of at least one C++ project > integrating libguile, and that's the jami-daemon, so it could perhaps > provide some clues as to how to proceed to do so. I think it's a viable approach, but probably not one for me. Since I don't really write C++, I think that trying to replace parts of the C++ code and keep things working would take more work than just writing Guile.