Hi Christopher, ok, I see. Thanks for looking into this. Christopher Baines writes: > [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]] > > Roman Scherer writes: > >> Hello Guix, >> >> I'm running Guix on an aarch64 system that uses a Linux kernel configured with >> a page size of 16K. Some of the substitutes I receive from Guix sometimes do >> not work. I believe all packages that use jemalloc, which are quite a lot. >> >> Rust is one example. It fails like this: >> >> ``` >> [roman@bombaclaat guix]$ rustc >> : Unsupported system page size >> : Unsupported system page size >> : Unsupported system page size >> terminate called without an active exception >> Aborted >> ``` >> >> Building packages that depend on jemalloc also fail. I can't compile the rust >> package from Guix for example. >> >> This patch series updates jemalloc and enables the use of transparent huge >> pages on the aarch64 architecture. I saw we support THP as well for i686-linux >> and x86_64-linux, so I think it's fine to enable it here as well. At least >> it's better than crashing. >> >> The patch should also make it possible to use substitutes built on CI by >> systems running with larger kernel pages sizes, avoiding long compilation >> times for things like the whole rust toolchain. >> >> Since jemalloc has a lot of dependencies, I think it's a candidate for >> core-updates. >> >> I submitted parts of this patch series in another ticket where I tried to fix >> Icecat compilation on my aarch64 system. But I think it's worth a separate >> issue. And I'm blocked on the other issue at the moment. >> >> Could you please review the patchs? > > The patches don't look to apply to core-updates, as far as I can see, > core-updates already has jemalloc 5.3.0 and doesn't pass the > --disable-thp flag for any architecture. > > [[End of PGP Signed Part]]