all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* working dovecot-service config anyone?
@ 2016-08-19 16:52 g1
From: g1 @ 2016-08-19 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I am using 7.2.7.7 Mail Services and finding the dovecot-service config
to be a bit, mmh, opaque. w/Google, I found a trivial example ...

https://wingolog.org/pub/alt-os-config.scm

... and got this to work ...

     #:config (dovecot-configuration
    	       (listen '("127.0.0.1"))
    	       (mail-location "maildir:~/.maildir")
    	       (postmaster-address "g1@localhost")
	       ))

... but I am having trouble making the leap between the guix
documentation and dovecot syntax. Does anyone have a non-trivial
dovecot-service config they could share?

How do one check the config that was generated and herd is actually
running? Like this?

g1@g1 ~/src$ pstree -pa | grep dovecot
  |-dovecot,24213 -F -c /gnu/store/fq2spszyidjp56wmy38b1wma1p2irqgc-dovecot.co

... or is there a better way?

And this must be obvious ... how do I view the dovecot config that _will
be_ generated by system reconfigure?

TIA - George

* Re: working dovecot-service config anyone?
@ 2016-08-19 17:53 ` myglc2
From: myglc2 @ 2016-08-19 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

ARG! Sorry for the double post, please disregard this one