Hi Florianm On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 at 20:35, "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" wrote: > Yes without internal links really is not nice, but despite all that, > wouldn’t newcomers feel confused if we present them a choice? Wouldn’t > newcomers who download a non-working latest put the blame on GNU Guix? I speak for myself when using a random project elsewhere. Usually, I do not feel confused if it is really clear what is the recommended product and what is the experimental one; and what I can expect from each product. And when this distinction is clear, I do not blame this very project if the experimental is not working as expected. Somehow, I consider that I am able to make my own choices. :-) To me, the situation is already clear with Guix. Maybe we could improve the wording although I find it clear. ;-) The recommendation is the release. From the front webpage, it is where the newcomer is redirected when clicking on the large Download button. Moreover, the top menu Download lists Standard or Latest. The Standard redirects to the release. And the Latest redirects to a webpage using the term “development snapshots”, which is pretty clear, IMHO. My suggestion was about discoverability. As currently, keep very clear that the release download webpage (standard) is the recommendation. From this webpage, I am suggesting to add a mention to the experimental (development snapshots) webpage. For instance, such download-latest contains Hurd or Pinebook images. Well, WDYT about this patch?