all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>
To: Guix Devel <guix-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: collection of “guix pull“ bug reports
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 18:17:20 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

The bug tracker – or guix-devel and/or help-guix – reports several
similar issues: “guix pull” fails and then run it again (or again and
again and …) makes it pass.  Well, part of the collection:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/62830
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/63451
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/63830
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/64489
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/64659
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/64753
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/64963

It is hard to know if all have the same root and/or they are the trace
of the same bug but there is an issue with “guix pull”.  For example
#64302 and #64489 had been merged but based on #64489 message, I am not
convinced the issue is the same as the reported by #64302.  Anyway.

Recently, I had to run several times “guix pull” in a row.  And on
another machine, I did it with --no-substitutes because I was tired.

Well, I do not know how to tackle this: most of the time the issue is
not reproducible because it depends on substitute servers.

Any idea about what could be unexpected or what needs some love?

Cheers,
simon